In this three-day course, you focus on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware vSAN™ 6.7. You learn how vSAN functions as an important component in the VMware softwaredefined data center. You gain practical experience with vSAN concepts through the completion of handson lab exercises.
Prerequisites This course requires meeting one of the following prerequisites:
• Storage administration experience on block or file storage devices
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] course Experience working at the command line is helpful.
The course material presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
• Use VMware vSphere® ClientTM
• Create and manage VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual machines
• Create and modify a standard switch
• Create and modify a distributed switch
• Connect a VMware ESXi™ host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
• Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
• Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
If you cannot complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] course before enrolling in VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage.